Thursday, November 3, 2016

Humble and Kind

I blogged about this before. The very first time I heard this song, I sat and cried. It made me think of my Dad. The words, were everything he shared with me. His message...it came back to me, in a song.



Then, two days ago, it hit me again! Like a ton of bricks. On the way to the ER, I just kept thinking about my Mom. She LOVES this song! It reminds her, of my Dad too. It's her message too. The words, hold so much meaning.

In the dark, driving, the tears just came. I know, years from now, when both of my parents are in Heaven...this song will ALWAYS remind me of them. Their message to me. How to live. The kind of person, they want me to be. The values they held tight to. Those words..."Humble and Kind."

I can't tell you, how many times growing up, my parents told me that. Stay "Humble and Kind." To lend a "Hand Up." To not forget where I came from. All important messages.

Music for us, is just part of life. It helps us celebrate. To remember. To reflect. Bring us comfort. Hold tight, to those memories. To pass on, those things that are important in our life. 🐦

No comments:

Post a Comment