Tuesday, November 1, 2016

And Here We Go...

So we ended up, in the ER. For the second time. In less than 2 months. I know what's wrong with my Mom. But not many else know. And she's not ready to tell.

The difference today, is she finally told her sisters. Prior to this, my Mom had only told a few friends, at the Growers' Market. I sent a text to my sister. And I talked with my uncle. He knew the truth. And Thank God, he's kept my secret. Oh, my aunt and uncle also pretty much know.


But it's what we're doing. Right now. My aunts are clearly in shock. And I'm pretty sure, so are my Mom and I. Given any day, we wake up...and don't immediately realize it. Then it slams into you, like a ton of bricks.

Until my Mom is ready, the only thing I can tell you, is that she has fractured vertebrae. Is in so much pain, it makes me sick to my stomach. And on any given day, I think it just hurts her to be awake. Oh, and she sleeps much of the day away. Her body is just going through so much right now.


I know my Mom is sick. She's in pain. And there are serious things wrong. More than she wants me to know. Probably more than she wants to admit. But that's life. And I think for her, it's what helps her get through her day. Because it is a tough thing to swallow.

But here we are. And I think I need to start being real with our family. More present. And I need an outlet. So this, is where I'll keep everyone updated. As things move forward, you can read them here. A similar outlet, to what I had for my Dad. But this time, it's probably going to be a little more real.


Oh, and in case you're wondering. We're in the ER. Probably will head home in the next few hours. My Mom is feeling significantly better. But nowhere near, where she should be feeling. So prayers are always welcome! 🐦

No comments:

Post a Comment